“Mindful leaders create value; unmindful leaders destroy value”
Developing vision and strategy, letting your people perform well, integrating your work and private life. You are the key figure inside and outside. While the world around the organisation is constantly changing, the pitfalls are looming. In the training Mindful working we lay a solid, lasting foundation for mindfulness as a skill: resilience and an open mind in your role as a leader.
Shift consciously between action and reflection
During this training program you will increase the power of your attention and personal resources. Instead of acting on the automatic pilot, you will learn to use a conscious response. This will lead to more resilience (less being dragged along, more vital and a balance between your private life and work) and an open mind. That will translate in taking time to reflect, having a better overview, listening better and communicating effectively (conversations, discussions, meetings) and successful teamwork.
This program brings people together who all exert a solid management role: managers, executives, senior project leaders or experienced consultants and professionals. Those who are daily loaded with functional or hierarchic leadership or end responsibility. You identify the power of attention and you are curious about the possibilities of meditation. You can see the advantage of working in a group with people who have similar positions.
You learn mindfulness by experiencing it. Therefore, the sessions consist of doing exercises and discussing the experiences: action and reflection. Also, the dynamics of old patterns and new choices in management are explained.
The training is based on the scientifically proven program Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction by Jon Kabat-Zinn and the work by Michael Chaskalson, author of “the mindful workplace” and professor at IE Busines school, extended with implemented exercises for leaders and managers.
You can stop the “Stresscalation” and “stuffocation”
Stress is contagious. You can stop it in its tracks. In the past few years, we have researched the leaders who have followed our training. Without exception it appeared that within the groups their mindfulness increased significantly and that their stress levels clearly diminished. Moreover, they reported that they are more capable of reflecting and optimising their work. A few statistics:
- 91% takes more time to reflect
- 87% notices to be more calm and has a better overview
- 85% is less affected by emotions and thoughts
- 84% listens better to itself and others
- 73% feels more vital and more confident
- 73% can work more focussed
- 69% can balance private life and work better
Experiences of participants
- “I’m getting better at reflecting: ‘do I have to do this task? Do I have to do it now?’ instead of rushing in immediately doing everything myself.” – MD
- “I have a wider perspective, every day again with a fresh look. I take rest and I am a better listener.” – Supply chain manager
- “Thinking more deliberately, acting more deliberately. In practice, I am less propelled by certain circumstances, I can put things better in perspective.” – Division Head
- “I feel more peace and quiet inside my head. Not reacting primarily, but observing more and react from this position or not reacting at all.” – Group director